Our Funding Sources
The Old Lyme-Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library receives approximately 40% of its annual budget from the Town of Old Lyme. The remaining 60% of the Library’s budget is built on the generosity of individuals and families in the community and support from the Library’s Endowment. The Library relies on donors’ support to fulfill our mission to inspire lifelong learning and discovery in a welcoming place with exceptional resources, programs, and services.
The Old Lyme-Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Contributions are fully deductible under federal tax regulations. Help support the Library by using the donation buttons below or by mailing your gift to the Library at 2 Library Lane, Old Lyme, CT 06371.
Annual Fund Drive
Your donation to the Annual Fund Drive goes directly to support the daily services and functions of the library, including new books and media, one-on-one research and technology assistance, and educational and engaging programs for all ages. Our 2016-2017 fundraising goal is $120,000. Please let us know if your company has a matching gift program.
Become a Sustaining Member
Interested in supporting the Library you love with a monthly contribution? Sustaining members provide reliable support for the OL-PGN Library services and programs you depend on while saving us money in paper, postage, and administrative fees. As a sustaining member, your credit or debit card will be automatically billed each month at an amount you determine. New members who commit to a monthly donation of $10 or more per month will receive a new OL-PGN Library hat!
Becoming a sustaining member is easy:
- Fill in the amount you’d like to contribute each month on page 1 of the online payment form.
- Type “Sustaining Member” in the description box found on page 2 of the online payment form.
- Fill in your payment information and click “Pay Now.” Your credit card will be billed for the amount you specified on the 15th of each month. Questions? Please contact Katie Huffman, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-434-1684 x110.
Many families designate the Library for gifts in memory of loved ones. A gift to the OL-PGNL is a fitting tribute. The Library will provide acknowledgement of the memorial gift to the family of the person. For further information, please contact Katie Huffman, Library Director, at email@example.com or 860-434-1684 x110.
Bequest Society, Planned Giving & Memorials
The Library welcomes bequests, gifts of securities, and other donations. The Library has been fortunate in its inclusion as beneficiary of many patrons’ estate plans and wills. These gifts have been instrumental in providing the financial resources to keep our Library operating and to grow our services. Our patrons who choose to include us in their plans comprise a diverse group of community members from every type of means, and we warmly welcome new benefactors considering us in inclusion of their plans.
Long-Term Giving Alternatives:
- Name the Library as the beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan.
- Name the Library as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy, or purchase a new policy and name the Library as beneficiary.
- Include a gift in your will or trust documents, whether a specific funded amount or a portion of your assets.
- Honor deserving friends and remember loved ones with memorial gifts
For further information, please contact Katie Huffman, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-434-1684 x110.