Welcome to The Friends of the Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library, a non-profit organization devoted to supporting and aiding our community’s wonderful library.
Who are we?
A non-profit organization of citizens who believe that an excellent library is essential to a community and and who work to promote and assist the Library.
What are our goals?
The Friends raise and receive funds for the library for books, equipment, and programs not covered in the regular library budget. They contributed substantially to the Building Expansion Fund in the past and continue to address funding needs today through the annual Bookworm Ball and the Book Cellar, a used book store located in the basement of the Library. For the future, the Friends hope to:
- Continue to foster citizens’ interest in supporting a superior library, one equipped with staff, collections, and facilities to serve the cultural needs of the community.
- Raise money for library materials, equipment, and programs which are needed, but for which there are not enough funds in the budget.
- Encourage members of the community to recognize and use the functions and facilities of the library.
- Promote an understanding of a high-quality library with public officials, so that appropriations are sufficient to meet the needs.
- Increase the membership in the Friends of the Library to bring together concerned citizens who appreciate the value of a fine library, and who are willing to devote time to accomplish our goals.