Under the supervision of the Circulation Supervisor, library pages maintain the availability and appearance of library materials, provide basic customer service, and assist in the upkeep of the library.
Essential Job Functions
- Shelves and retrieves books and other library materials
- Maintains appearance of library (dusting, light cleaning)
- Maintains orderliness of library materials (shelf reading, shifting books)
- Assists patrons with check-in/out of library materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have completed Grade 9 or the equivalent
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in-person and in writing
- Must have basic computer proficiency
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction
- Must have a willingness to learn and ability to follow library policies and procedures
- Must be able to carry up to 20 lbs. and push/pull a loaded book cart weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stretch to reach low and high shelves
- Must be able to stand for up to 3 hours
- Interest in libraries, reading, and books
- Previous volunteer or work experience
2 hours per week + alternating Saturdays (3 hours). Please note that the schedule may change to best meet the needs of the Library.
$10.10 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Email cover letter and resume to Library Director Katie Huffman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until Saturday, October 28, 2017, 5pm.